Specially developed electrode for surfacing crane wheels and for surfacing points and crossings (frogs ) of rails.
The weld metal has fully austenitic structure. The weld metal has increased resistance against friction, corrosion, pressure and shock. The weld metal has very high toughness.
TYPICAL USES :
- Suitable for cladding on parts subjected to highest pressure and shock load in combination with abrasion. Cladding and built-up can be made on ferritic as well as on hard manganese steel.
- Crane wheels, cement & mining industry, roller spindles, carrier and wobblers in the steel works, hydraulic press piston etc.
- For surfacing points and crossings (frogs) of rails.
ALLOY BASIS : Cr, Mo, Mn
ULTIMATE TENSILE STRENGTH OF THE WELD METAL : 850 N/mm2 approx.
HARDNESS OF THE PURE DEPOSIT : Approx. 260 HB
WELDING INSTRUCTIONS :
- Dry the electrodes at 250°C / 2 hrs.
- Hold electrode nearly vertical.
- Welding should be done at low temperature.
- Interpass temperature should not exceed 150°C.
RECOMMENDED CURRENT AND PACKING DATA :