Basic coated Cr alloyed Mn Steel electrode for high resistance cladding against pressure & shock. The electrode deposits weld metal having fully austenitic structure. The weld metal has increased resistance against friction and corrosion. The weld metal has very high work-hardening and high toughness properties.
Suitable for cladding on parts subjected to highest pressure and shock load in combination with abrasion.
Crushers jaws, beaters in mining and cement industries, surfacing rail crossings, roller spindles, camer, wobblers, buckets (pads, lips, teeth), plow shears, scrappers, road rippers, hammers, 13 % manganese hadfied steel, etc.
- Dry the electrodes at 250oC/2 hrs.
- Hold electrode nearly vertical.
- Welding should be done at low temperature.
- Inter-pass temperature should not exceed 150oC.
- Weld short beads and allow for inter-pass cooling or place the work-piece in a cold water bath.
HARDNESS OF THE PURE WELD DEPOSIT :
AFTER WELDING ………… : 250 HB Approx
AFTER WORK HARDENING …: UPT 550 HB
RECOMMENDED CURRENT AND PACKING DATA