A heavy coated, basic type electrode developed for highly abrasion resistant claddings on parts subjected to extreme sliding mineral abrasion also at elevated temperature up to 500°C. The electrode is recommended where a combination of hardness and toughness is desired on carbon, low alloy steels, manganese steel and cast iron. Deposited weld metal has good compressive strength.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS :
- Surfacing earth moving equipments
- Working parts of the cement and brick industry
- Steel Mill
- Scrappers, paddles, wear pads
WELDING RECOMMENDATIONS :
- Clean surface to be welded thoroughly.
- Dry the electrodes at 2500C/2hrs
- Hold electrodes at vertical as possible
- Keep a short arc
- Reduce dilution from the weld metal by weaving
HARDNESS OF THE WELD METAL: 57-62 RC
PACKING SPECIFICATION AND CURRENT CONDITION: